Congratulations to all the recent graduates of the Open Training College who attended the Conferring of Awards ceremony on Saturday, November 19th at the Concert Hall, RDS Dublin. The successful graduates achieved Third Level awards in the areas of Applied Social Care and Applied Management, in the disability and wider non-profit sectors.
Special mention goes to Aisling Matassa (The Gerry Clarke Award), Tania Quinn (Social Care Ireland Award for Academic Excellence), and Claire Sutherland (The Wheel Management Award for Academic Excellence) for achieving their respective ‘Student of the Year’ awards on the day. The awards were presented by Dr Karen Finnerty, College Director, and Evelyn Clarke.
Claire Sutherland, a Speech and Language expert at St Michaels House, stated “I am thrilled to have received my award from the Open Training College. It is a great honour. I am also delighted to have received my management qualification today. I loved the practical value of studying the management course and it will stand to me in my future work. I wish to thank my family, friends and co-workers for all the support along the way.”
– BA in Applied Social Studies (Disability)
– Certificate in Applied Management (Nonprofit/Human Services)
– Honours BA in Applied Social Studies (Disability)
– Learning Theories and Teaching Strategies for People with Disabilities
– Higher Certificate in Applied Management (Nonprofit/Human Services)
– BA in Applied Management (Nonprofit/Human Services
– Certificate in Supported Employment
Additional QQI awards were received by students completing the following courses:
– Person Centred Planning – Focus on the Individual
– Managing a Positive Behavioural Culture
Each course is delivered through the award winning ‘Supported Open Learning model’ which is designed specifically to allow frontline workers and managers benefit from access to accredited, flexible educational opportunities that transform their ability to implement best practice within human services in Ireland today. The Open Training College is also a recent winner of the IELA International E-Learning Award 2016 for blended learning.
More information about OTC courses can be found on the College website:
www.opentrainingcollege.com, or by calling (01)2990580 or emailing email@example.com